Posted on Oct 24 2016 (6 months ago)
The Senior Manager for Academic Operations, is responsible for the academic integrity of the services provided by EF’s online teachers.
You will oversee a team of academics and work closely with our global Online Teaching Centers to maintain the high academic quality of online synchronous classes (group & private lessons) and other asynchronous services (writing corrections & EFSET speaking) provided by EF’s more than 2000 online teachers.
As such, you and your team must keep pace with the latest trends in quality assurance, classroom monitoring, training / onboarding and recruitment standards, and ensure that these programs are efficiently rolled-out, and continually improved, for our online teachers.
You will also be responsible for communicating recommended changes in academic direction to key stakholders (English Live, Corporate Solutions & EF English Centres). In addition, you will also work with a team of dedicated software developers responsible for the development of online tools supporting teachers, centre administrators and central operations.
· Set and monitor academic benchmarks and standards for teacher-led services
· Develop and implement change management programs to drive any desired changes in teacher classroom behavior or academic performance
· Act as liaison for teacher-related academic services between business units (EFEC, English Live, Corporate Solutions, etc.) and global teaching centers
· Develop and implement teacher training for new products and services
· Regularly evaluate the academic quality of online teacher services
· Communicate center needs to the central team’s dedicated developers
· Research and develop new platforms and participate in testing of new online services and products
· Manage and hire experienced academic managers
· College/University graduate
· DELTA/Trinity Diploma in TESOL
· A minimum of 4 years’ academic management with a proven record of employee development and retention
· Able to identify gaps in quality or training across teams and centers
· Experience with change management and the ability to effectively manage changing business needs
· General office skills, including writing reports, conducting meetings and training sessions and creating and giving professional presentations
· Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the business
· Strong management, inter-personal skills and multi-cultural awareness and can work effectively across teams
· Responsive to the needs and interests of students and staff
· Attention to detail, especially with respect to communication and the implementation of products and services
· Effective communication skills necessary for working with a global and remote workforce