Posted on Oct 24 2016 (about 2 years ago)
The Senior Manager for Academic Operations, is responsible for the academic integrity of the services provided by EF’s online teachers.
You will oversee a team of academics and work closely with our global Online Teaching Centers to maintain the high academic quality of online synchronous classes (group & private lessons) and other asynchronous services (writing corrections & EFSET speaking) provided by EF’s more than 2000 online teachers.
As such, you and your team must keep pace with the latest trends in quality assurance, classroom monitoring, training / onboarding and recruitment standards, and ensure that these programs are efficiently rolled-out, and continually improved, for our online teachers.
You will also be responsible for communicating recommended changes in academic direction to key stakholders (English Live, Corporate Solutions & EF English Centres). In addition, you will also work with a team of dedicated software developers responsible for the development of online tools supporting teachers, centre administrators and central operations.
· Set and monitor academic benchmarks and standards for teacher-led services
· Develop and implement change management programs to drive any desired changes in teacher classroom behavior or academic performance
· Act as liaison for teacher-related academic services between business units (EFEC, English Live, Corporate Solutions, etc.) and global teaching centers
· Develop and implement teacher training for new products and services
· Regularly evaluate the academic quality of online teacher services
· Communicate center needs to the central team’s dedicated developers
· Research and develop new platforms and participate in testing of new online services and products
· Manage and hire experienced academic managers
· College/University graduate
· DELTA/Trinity Diploma in TESOL
· A minimum of 4 years’ academic management with a proven record of employee development and retention
· Able to identify gaps in quality or training across teams and centers
· Experience with change management and the ability to effectively manage changing business needs
· General office skills, including writing reports, conducting meetings and training sessions and creating and giving professional presentations
· Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the business
· Strong management, inter-personal skills and multi-cultural awareness and can work effectively across teams
· Responsive to the needs and interests of students and staff
· Attention to detail, especially with respect to communication and the implementation of products and services
· Effective communication skills necessary for working with a global and remote workforce