Dashlane is a rapidly growing venture backed startup based in NYC and Paris. With over 2 million customers, we are the leading password manager and digital wallet. We make the internet easy - dealing with passwords, registrations and payment forms is a breeze with Dashlane, on every website and every device. Our millions of happy users have given us the highest ratings among productivity apps globally. Fortune.com calls us one of the 36 coolest gadgets of 2013, David Pogue of the NYT says that we’re life-changingly great and Geoffrey Fowler of the WSJ gives us 4 of 4 stars. We have a stellar team of developers, designers, marketers and math nerds, and marquee investors who’ve had multi-billion dollar exits.
Dashlane is looking for a highly talented Android developer with deep understanding of the internals of Android.
- You will participate in building the best password manager and digital wallet the Android platform, which runs on multiple devices size, whether it's a phone or tablet.
- You have several years of experience and a proven track record of building high quality user experiences.
- You're comfortable putting forward your ideas and have strong passion for delivering the best experience to users.
At Dashlane You will:
- Have an impact on the Android team to make the Android app always more innovative.
- Have total responsibility for several UI features, be autonomous on making it a success.
- Dashlane is a user product, the user experience should be high on your list of priorities.
- Be a humble and positive force within the team, at Dashlane we succeed and fail as a team.
- Be responsible for your tasks, your work can potentially push the company to greater successes.
- Code should not only be written simple to achieve a task, you’re also writing it to be read and understood by your team members. Participate fully as a member of the Android team via our agile practices.
In Addition you Will Also:
- Have a lot of autonomy and be at the forefront of building a cutting edge platform that helps millions of people every day.
- Communicate problems, and notify of delays in a timely fashion, this way you will benefit the strength of the whole team when facing issues.
- Push Code to production on your first day and not deal with big company bureaucracy
- Work on complex speed and scaling challenges as we expand to a global audience
- Be involved in Product decisions and share ownership in the company’s success
- Work with a world class team on both sides of the Atlantic, (New York & Paris)
- Wake up every morning, excited to come into work and have fun!
- You must have a foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in Android application development
- You have a solid understanding of the Activity/Fragment lifecycle, developing custom UI widgets and an overall solid understanding of the SDK internals.
- You care deeply about improving UI performance, things that matter the most for you are: battery usage, processor usage, view hierarchy depth, app responsiveness.
- You have experience with Android studio and Gradle in a non-Windows environment.
- Your portfolio contains work displaying a high level of attention to detail in all aspects of development.
- You’re keen to propose new ideas to the product and design teams and continually improve the experience.
- You enjoy writing clean code that is easy to maintain and understand, as well as communicating and understanding complex technical issues in English
Knowledge of JNI/C++ is a bonus