There are unprecedented large scale opportunities across Africa:
- Millions of young professionals are entering a phase of their lives where they are looking to make their lives and careers exciting and meaningful.
- With the Future of Work here, the need for continuous and rapid transformational learning approaches that accelerate innovation and business adaptation is inevitable. Millions of professionals realize that traditional education can only get them so far, and to be strong contributors and innovators in their jobs and societies, they need new ways of learning in the 21st century
- Dozens of thousands of businesses and managers trying to build highly-effective teams, all the way from hiring great culture and vision aligned talent to reimagining employee management approaches and designing healthy workplace
edge is here to shape the future of work, enabling all these indidivuals to move forward with clarity and the right strategic approaches to accelerate their positive contribution to all our future. Learn more about us: www.edgeperformance.co.ke
About the role
You will develop next-generation AI and Machine Learning technologies that will inspire rapid and transformational learning across Africa. If you are curious and excited about the future of work, innovative education approaches, human potential and want to put your tech background in building scalable solutions, this role is for you!
- Comprehensively analyze and understand process flows and advise on the potential and limitations of AI & Machine Learning while exploring new products and methodologies edge can offer in the market
- Enhance data usage and lead in the automation of our processes through machine learning.
- Participate in various workshops to collect needs of our various clients (businesses, managers, employees, jobseekers), translate them into functional specifications and align them to ongoing solutions development
- Develop AI and Machine Learning minimum viable solutions and depending on your skillset build, deploy and iterate them in various pilots with users
- Build AI models from scratch and help product managers and other relevant stakeholders understand results
- Stay updated with the latest research on automation and AI relevant to our business functions
- Document the development and support the improvement of artificial intelligence solutions used by different teams within the company
- Depending on your skill test: Help in the automation of other workflows in our various products through smart use of online tools and software
- You are gifted with a strong analytical mind
- You just can’t stop questioning the status quo
- You desire to put all your creative juices into solutions that will better mankind
- A minimum of 18 months of experience working in scientific research or software development involving machine learning and artificial intelligence is required
- You understand and have the first experience in user-centric design approaches
- You have mastered a good level of comfort working in complex fast-paced and continuously evolving environments
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Design, Data Science or other related disciplines.
- Basic Expertise In Programming Languages (Python/C++/R/Java) and passion to learn what you don't yet know to get the job done
- You have been involved in software development projects solving a real problem for a real customer up until deployment (uni projects, internship, freelance, work, etc.)
- You possess excellent English speaking and writing skills
About the role
Take a look at our candidate guide (http://bit.ly/JoinEdgeGuide), website and blog to see how what we do resonates with you.
We cannot offer a stipend for the fellow, but will cover accommodation for you in Nairobi and cover work related expenses (internet, phone calls local transport to meetings). For the duration of the fellowship, you will need to budget for food, personal effects, and transport to the office (and of course any travels you want to make in this beautiful country!).
Other details: We will pay for your Special Pass with the Department of Immigrations. Leave days and public holidays as per Kenyan law.
Thinking of applying?
Take your time to go through our website and read more about our services, and what it's like to work with us. Check out our candidate guide as well. http://edgeperformance.co.ke/join-us/ Fill in the application form below: https://recruiterflow.com/edge/jobs/53