We are a small team passionate about everything backend, using a variety of technologies to bring a stable and high-performance experience to our users. We are looking for someone that shares the same passion and vision to create and innovate and has a “thing” for automation.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your teammates into the application.
What you will be working on:
- Design, build, maintain and innovate with a focus on Maintainability, Readability, Efficiency, Reusability, Reliability of our production code or internal tools
- Analyze software performance and perform system/code optimization
- Integrate user facing elements developed by front end developers with server side
- Integrate external services and resources into applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Your superpowers include:
- 3+ years working on web applications built on Ruby OR Golang
- Have previous experience with Mysql OR with other data stores such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres.
- Experience in implementing robust set of services with RESTful APIs to power web applications
- Experience with cloud platforms, high-availability systems, data indexing, automated testing.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Python and nodejs.
- Enthusiastic about collaborating in a small team and inter-disciplinary environment
- You must be a self-starter and open to receive feedback.
- You should be self-motivated to build great products and achieve excellence.
This is a full time role based in Penang, Malaysia. For those who are willing to relocate from abroad, we will arrange for your working visa. We also offer relocation package to help you settle in your new home.