Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 1,800 comprises 64 nationalities and is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Back-End Engineer (Scala, Akka, Java) we're looking for?
We are a big technology company, but we still think and act lean like a startup. We place a high value on ownership and experimentation that drives knowledge-based decision-making. At Agoda, we spend every day thinking about how to use the latest technology to build new exciting services that will be used by millions of people.
Your work in this role will focus on building services and APIs that serve internal and external customers. You must be confident in your code quality and execution, working in an agile team using continuous delivery and infrastructure as code.
Continuous delivery plays a significant role in how our team thinks and operates—we're determined to deliver often and get fast feedback. If you often find yourself pondering how to do things faster and better, how technology could interact, how a new technology would help you to do new things, or how a customer would use your products, then Agoda is the right place for you.
You'll fit right in if you're interested in learning new programming languages and tools and like collaborating with your team to solve complex problems. Apply now and let's talk about all the exciting projects we have in the works!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Implement REST API endpoints for internal customers
- Write unit and integration tests
- Focus on continuous delivery for all aspects of the system
- Infrastructure as code using Docker, Puppet, Powershell DSC, etc.
- Collaborate in project planning and system design
- Work with both front-end and back-end web developers
- Engaging with team to improve and optimize current code and planning practices
- Be prepared to work with the entire team to contribute to strategic technology decisions
- Embrace continuous improvement for yourself and with your team
- Take responsibility for successful delivery of solutions
Compensation and perks
- Technology you should be comfortable with or interested in learning: Scala, AKKA, Spark, Kafka, Java, SQL, Groovy, Casandra, SQL, REST API’s, Swagger, MemCacheD, Couchbase (NoSQL), Redis, Protobuf, and infrastructure/tools like OpenStack, Docker, Puppet/Chef, Vagrant and Gradle.
- You are passionate about Unit Testing.
- You understand why we need to build out continuous integration/delivery pipelines.
- You care about both user experience and developer experience.
- You write DRY, readable, and modular code.
- You have to understand the root cause of an issue and then improve the solution.
- You are a SOLID engineer.
- Strong experience building and improving scalable applications would be a bonus.
- Experience designing and building Restful APIs using SCALA and AKKA is another bonus.
- It would help if you had worked on data platforms like SQL, Cassandra or Hadoop and understand that different applications have different data requirements.
- Experience with HTTP, WebSocket, and message based systems/protocols would come in handy.
- Ideally, you can work independently and integrate systems with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with session and authentication best practices, access control, and preventing CSRF is a bonus.
- Familiarity with how front-end frameworks work such as Angular, Backbone, React JS, etc. would be beneficial.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, GitHub would also help.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical cover, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.