Take a deep breath and picture for a moment what it would look like to be working on a product that is being used across 31 countries, from Spain to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people use its different sites. And by millions, we mean MILLIONS (250 as an average!)
What is like a day at the office?
- Together with the team and multiple stakeholders within the company, define and design data infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Develop and implement systems using the best development practices and tools
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the cloud, distributed systems, and data science fields.
What do your colleagues look like in terms of skills and knowledge?
- They're fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and interested in learning more, because that's what thrives you and them!
- They have an innate curiosity and willingness to understand systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- The cloud is one of their best friends (they call it either Steve, Nikola etc.).
- And "la crème de la crème" they are big fans of the “big data” technologies like Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra etc. (Remember, 250 Million users generate huge quantity of data!)
Five words come to your mind right? Are those words: "I want to know more!"?