Born and raised in Amsterdam, Twitter Counter started out as a simple and fun way to display the number of your Twitter followers on your website. The company quickly grew to offer many statistics and analytics services and is still growing phenomenally ever since. Today, we track over 200 million Twitter accounts and serve analytics to over two million users.Are you the Front-End Developer we're looking for?
UI development in all its complex, challenging glory—if that's your passion, you're our kind of person.
If you become part of the team, you'll be unleashing your front-end skills to develop Twitter Counter's existing products (built in Vanilla) and work on a shiny new product being built from scratch in React. You'll join forces with a skilled team of designers, back-enders, and another front-ender, putting together pages, features, and elements. You'll squash bugs, improve performance and responsiveness, creating an all-around fantastic UI as you go along. We'll trust you to write efficient code that fits into a scalable structure.
We'll encourage you to use and experiment with new technologies to ensure that Twitter Counter is always moving forward on a technical front-end level. It's all about giving our users the best experience possible! Technologies we use include, but are not limited to, Vanilla, Angular, Phantom.js, and React.js.
You'll be joining our fun, international core team at the perfect time. We're growing fast and big things are happening. That means you'll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it. Excited? We sure are. To us, our office in the heart of Amsterdam is more than just a workplace, and working at Twitter Counter is more than just a job—it's a passion. If you share our enthusiasm, we want to hear from you as soon as possible!What we'd like to see in the candidate:
Compensation and perks
- You identify as a front-end or full-stack developer.
- You have 3+ years of full-time web/mobile development experience.
- You can come up with efficient methods of solving problems with rendering, markup structure, and compatibility issues.
- You have a bit of an eye for design and for polished UI and can easily turn designs into real pages.
- You have a great eye for detail.
- Passionate about the internet and web-app design trends, you have a rather solid view of how things should be designed.
- You also have a firm understanding of PHP and can easily use the language to make your views dynamic.
- You’re familiar with Git commands and comfortable working with them on a daily basis.
- You are comfortable speaking English throughout the day. We're quite an international team and communication skills are important to getting the job done well.
- Passionate and hardworking, you can be trusted to do what it takes to get things done.
- You get bonus points for good knowledge of design patterns, professional React.js experience, and professional REST APIs experience.
- You'll get a competitive salary and equity.
- We focus on delivery and on getting things done well and fast. This means you would be able to occasionally work remotely or at flexible hours.