Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted on Jan 22 2019 (4 months ago)
Our mission is to help people in South East Asia to buy things they wouldn’t be able to buy otherwise. With more than 1,000 partners on our platform, 150 employees, and 30M monthly page views - we are very well setup. And we are hungry for more! With e-commerce in SEA still being in its infancy compared to mature markets like Japan, Europe or America, we believe we can play a bigger role in the ecosystem.
Business Intelligence (“BI”) is central to the growth of our business, providing us with the non-financial data granularity required to understand the levers of growth and how to best pull them to increase traffic and revenues. We are looking for a highly analytical, driven, and curious data guru to join us.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst at iPrice, you will be helping one of SE Asia’s fastest growing businesses scale in a booming e-commerce market. With access to one of the region’s largest and most robust databases, encompassing everything from consumer demographics to on-site behavior, you will use the latest Business Intelligence systems to help our management team make the right business decisions.
Excel in execution in a multi-cultural environment where team work and collaboration are key ingredients for success.
With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
· Leverage state-of-the-art BI tools to connect datasets, enable predictive modelling and run sophisticated trend analysis
· Produce insightful reports and data visualization on weekly and monthly cadence to senior management, leads and investors, influencing key business decisions
· Produce scoped analysis to identify business opportunities that is presented to key stakeholders
· Work collaboratively with the Tech team and together deploy data to the Data Warehouse and optimize BI systems & processes
· Enhance data quality through review and validation of data, and implementation of appropriate controls and checkpoints
· Support designing and production of data visualization dashboards that other teams need in monitoring their core KPIs
· Regularly refresh our business plans and prepare analysis for investor communication and fundraising
· MBA, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics or any related field
· 3+ years experience in an analytical role, ideally in Business Intelligence, Finance, or Management Consulting in a company known for best-in-class products
· Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS
· Analytics experience using BI software, programming, and database management such as Power BI, Tableau, DAX, SQL and Microsoft Azure
· Curiosity to crunch large datasets with millions of rows and GBs of data and extract insights in meaningful ways. Sheets with millions of cells don’t scare you
· Proactive with a positive can-do attitude
· Strong presentation and persuasion skills
· Able to work independently, prioritizing and managing expectations pertaining to deliverables
· Experienced in working with Software Engineers in an Agile environment applying SCRUM methodologies
· Fluent in English, excellent in verbal and written communication
· Freedom to own and drive your own goals, directly impacting success and growth of the business
· Opportunity to experience the tipping point of today's hottest emerging markets and industry
· Accelerate your career advancement, supported by a start-up in its hyper growth phase
· Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia
· Flexible working environment, where results matter more than face-time with your manager
· Work permit / VISA sponsorship for expatriates
· Medical Benefits and Health Insurance coverage
We look forward to your application, please don't forget to include your current portfolio!