Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
The New York Electronic Trading Credit IT team of our client operates as part of a global Electronic Trading Credit IT team to develop trading systems. The Front Office Development team works directly with Traders and Business Management to provide high quality solutions both locally and as part of the global platform.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop Credit Pricing and Electronic Market trading systems.
- Work with traders, developers, business analysts and support teams to define solutions.
- Provide 3rd level support of applications for front-office users.
- Participate as part of a global development team.
- Work alongside production support teams to roll out changes/new functionality
Technical Skill Set:
- Proven C# development skills and knowledge.
- Proficiency in C++ Development with proper previous experience, preferable in MS Windows.
- Experience with Winforms
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in class libraries design and general application architecture.
- Experience in TDD and agile methodologies.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience working in or with production support teams to deploy and support software applications.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment (Front Office Trading preferred).
- Knowledge of SDLC and prior experience working on large software development projects.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GIT, SVN or TFS.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a small local team operating as part of global development group.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people in different teams.
- Experienced with building real time applications
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in an applicable subject matter (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, etc.).
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as sick and personal days, transit benefits and perks.