Port Louis, Mauritius
Posted on Feb 23 2021 (8 months ago)
Expat.com is the leading multilingual platform dedicated to life abroad. It provides informative content, networking facilities, and premium services to help those who are living or wishing to live abroad, helping them to make their expat project a success.
With over 2.8 million members, and available in 5 different languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese), Expat.com is the most active online expat community.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Chief Technical Officer to join our team in Port-Louis, Mauritius.
You will be in charge of the company’s IT department and operations. You will assist the Management in achieving the company’s goals by providing technical solutions.
- Developing technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Ensure that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs
- Outline the goals for research and development
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of IT projects to market
- Managing and reporting technology budgets and time frames
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments
- Spearhead IT projects to increase our market reach
- Oversee all system design and change in system architecture
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
- Managing the technical department team, and represent the technical agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Acting as a mentor to team members
Skills and competencies
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar managerial position
- Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Excellent knowledge of PHP / MariaDB / VueJS
- In-depth knowledge of web system architecture, development and design
- Outstanding leadership and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic thinking
- Understanding of budget and budget planning
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Be a team player
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
If you are up for the challenge send us your CV at: email@example.com.