Founded in 2009, Runtastic has rapidly grown into an innovative portfolio of apps and online services that track and manage health as well as fitness data. We are a recognized leader in fitness app development with the vision of motivating every individual to live a more active lifestyle.
Our home country of Austria is regularly ranked as one of the countries with the highest quality of life (#2 in 2016). Our health care system is considered one of the best, education is free and the crime rate is incredibly low.Are you the Cloud Operations Engineer we're looking for?
This is an opportunity to join our highly-skilled and motivated infrastructure team in Linz. Runtastic develops a continuously evolving portfolio of apps and online services to track fitness and health data. Together with adidas, we create exceptional experiences for our worldwide community. We work in a fun startup environment and have team members from all over the world. As change makers, we share a passion for cutting-edge technology and the vision of making the world a healthier place.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Administrate our private cloud infrastructure, databases, and network environments
- Automate our infrastructure with the help of configuration management tools
- Perform capacity planning for the rapidly growing community of Runtastic users
- Develop concepts to ensure the highest availability for back-end services
- Ensure operational continuity by utilizing an on-call rotation
Compensation and perks
- Degree in computer science or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of any flavor of Linux
- Experience with configuration management tools (such as Chef) and MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of virtualization (experience with KVM and OpenNebula is an advantage)
- Ideally, an understanding of monitoring tools and concepts of real-time system performance statistics gathering
- Ability to think out of the box and actively look for improvements to our infrastructure
- Very good German and good English OR very good English (written and spoken)
- The minimum gross yearly salary for this role is EUR 32,648. Your salary will be in line with market conditions and your qualifications and experience.
- We'll offer visa sponsorship for the right candidate.
- In Austria, salaries are paid 14 times a year (twice in June and December). We have 5 paid vacation weeks, certainly independent from your sick days. Taxes and social insurance are deducted automatically every month, covering health, retirement and unemployment insurance.