- Are you an experienced Software Support Engineer?
- Do you have an engineering background and experience in banking or financial application?
- Is executing regression tests and providing support on system setups something you are familiar with?
A financial institution that values their employees and strive to continuously invest in their workforce is looking for a software support engineer. The environment is dynamic and offers challenging yet exciting opportunities for growth and development. They are always on the lookout for new talent to further complement their teams.
Our client is looking for a candidate who will provide user support to their business teams, and be responsible for industry leading banking platforms as well as internally-developed supporting applications. The candidate will be responsible to conduct quality assurance tests for the newly developed modules, and lead users when conducting the user acceptance testing. You will also interact with external suppliers to provide day to day support. The candidate will as well assist the System Specialists during introduction of new functionality and systems within the Core Banking Platform team.
- Providing support on system setups, report writing, testing, documentation, end-user training, etc.
- Assisting in the introduction of improvements to the Core Banking Platforms
- Ensuring a smooth user experience across various departments
- Interacting with software vendors or internal resources to resolve issues and problems
- Reporting, logging and tracking defects with various vendors
- Following up on issues and tracking root cause analysis and corresponding documentation
- Producing test documentation for regression tests and acceptance of new functionality, executing regression tests and coaching end-users
- Compiling tests scripts for Development/Unit Testing and UAT
- Assisting in large-scale system implementations and upgrades
- Diploma in Engineering or Computing or equivalent
- Experience working with business software application systems (administration, reporting, structured testing, documentation, user support)
- Experience in banking or financial applications
- A will to learn and high motivation
- Experience with SQL, Visual Basic, Access, Excel will be considered an asset
- Banking, investment, payments industry background will be considered an asset.