Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
Our client, a major Corporate & Investment Bank, has launched an initiative to detect and implement opportunities for automation in the bank’s supportive function processes (KYC, Legal, Compliance, etc). To support this initiative a brand new feature team is being built in New York.
We are looking for developers who are curious to understand and challenge processes, propose creative solutions, and develop them to assist our client.
The team will work in fully agile mode with 2-week-long sprints, a Product Owner, sprint planning, demos, sprint retrospectives, and backlog refinements.
The “Continuous Delivery” initiative is strongly pushed, making use of relevant tools such as Github, Jenkins, XL Deploy, and others, to put in place a reliable pipeline of integration, with automated tests, on-demand reservation of environment servers from the internal cloud, automated deployments and tests, and automated production releases, to achieve a stable flow of continuously delivered features while preserving production stability.
Prior experience in banking is not mandatory. This is a great opportunity for developers passionate about technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work in team oriented environment, developing and supporting business and transversal systems within ITEC.
- Proposing recommendations for process improvement
- Give clear and consistent reports to the clients and management
Technical Skill Set:
- Proven years of Core Java development (Java 8, Spring boot, Maven, Hibernate)
- Proven experience in Agile, TDD and continuous delivery (Jira, Git/Github, Jenkins, XL Deploy, docker, etc)
- Knowledge of Database / SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud / IaaS / PaaS is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment
- Strong team player. Enjoy delivering solutions to the business
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proactive, innovative and passionate about technology
- Meticulous capability to plan, organize and coordinate tasks and people
- Knowledge on KYC is a plus
- Ability to read and speak French is a plus
- Required: Java 8, Spring boot, hibernate, jira, git, linux, sql
- Desired: Python, cloud, web, agile, TDD
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 to 5 weeks paid vacation per year according to seniority
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks