This team in Nairobi is looking for someone to create and lead a world-class dev team. Are you the visionary CTO that can take Hivisasa to the next level? Job description
Our team needs a mission-driven senior developer with strong managerial experience and good product development experience. Someone with a passion for early stage startup life, and a healthy appetite for adventure. We are looking for someone who wants a different challenge than the average startup job.
Building a startup in Africa is challenging but immensely exciting. It’s a new market growing very fast with hundreds of millions of users coming online in the coming years, all exploring the internet for the first time on mobile. It’s a unique opportunity to shape the content space and shape how users create and consume content.
If you're looking for an adventure and a chance to build something different, you're our kind of person.
- You have 5+ years of experience managing software engineers at an early-stage startup and/or managing feature teams.
- You have full-stack coding experience and the ability to architect web applications from scratch.
- You have experience managing and leading high-performing teams across organizational and time zones.
- You have experience in fundamental web concepts, including security, infrastructure, and maintenance.
- You can demonstrate your design thinking and product building skills.
- You have an excellent understanding of UX/UI and a good eye for design and product.
- You have experience with mobile-first products.
- You have demonstrated organizational skills and can handle deadlines and communications between dev and non-tech management.
- The following are big pluses:
- Experience in high-traffic real-time data processing;
- Experience with Java web development;
- Knowledge of Opera Mini;
- Experience with Double Click for Publishers or similar ad networks.