Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 1,800 comprises 64 nationalities and is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Data Applications Engineer we're looking for?
At Agoda, we adopt a data-centric approach to solving almost all business problems. We build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. We also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
This is a unique combination of hardcore engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
So join us and let's make things happen!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Work with experienced engineers data scientists and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create a new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve the scalability, stability, and speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other teams
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
- Write frameworks and tools to be used by other teams
Compensation and perks
- You have 3+ years of industry experience, preferably at a tech company.
- You have experience with Scala, Python or any other OO or functional language (we code primarily in Scala; other technologies we use include Spark, Python, Hadoop, Yarn, Grafana).
- You have experience working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies.
- You're data-driven in your decision-making.
- Experience building large-scale distributed products;
- Passion for functional programming;
- Experience working with Apache Spark;
- Basic knowledge in statistics.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.