Rakuten, Inc. is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997, we have expanded to offer diverse services in e-commerce, FinTech, ad tech, digital content and communications to more than 1 billion members around the world. With more than 14,000 employees, we are committed to realizing our mission of contributing to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship.
In Europe, Rakuten has been active for more than a decade and we are constantly growing our footprint. Our network of business units consists of more than 14 services, available in almost every European country and we’re also able to take advantage of global opportunities. At our Berlin location we are hosting operational business units supporting the group worldwide, offering a workplace, where it’s not just about performance but where your voice matters and you play as hard as you work.
We are searching for our office in Berlin for a:
Data Warehouse Specialist / Administrator (m/f/divers)
- Monitoring the ETL jobs and ensuring the availability of the BI services
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the data warehouse (incl. backup and server administration)
- Defining governance/best-practice for release and management of data warehouse
- Ensuring compliance to data protection regulations and administration for user access
- Coordinate and align with the network infrastructure team on topics related to the BI environment
- Provide support on data warehouse development and ETL topics
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experienced in Data Warehouse administration
- 3+ years project experience in DWH architecture, conception, estimation and development
- Experienced in SQL Server BI stack: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Good Knowledge in the handling of relational databases, and in the creation and optimization of SQL queries
- You are communicative, result oriented and have a good sense for business.
- You are familiar with fact-dimensional modelling techniques.
- Java and Python programming skills are a plus
- You are experienced in an open source ETL tool such as Talend, Pentaho
- You have hands-on experience in data integration
- Experience in Big Data technologies
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email to Marc Borgstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org