The Database Administrator will be responsible for the databases that power our user facing and internal applications. The Database Administrator will manage the access of the databases, suggest and implement improvements.
- Architect and implement performance improvements our production PostgreSQL and Redshift databases
- Improve trade-offs between database ease-of-access and security for developers and operators alike
- Suggest and automate emergency policies that reduce risk
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and software releases
- Work closely with a small team of developers in an agile and fast paced environment to help deliver product
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must employ the right technology for the best solution approach.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL query planner and internals
- Proficiency in Python and Django Strongly Preferred
- Knowledge of the tools in the PostgreSQL and Redshift ecosystem
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Comfortable with configuration management systems such as salt, ansible, puppet and chef
- Knowledge of SQL Server/Oracle is a plus, but not required
- Qualifications, Training, and Experience
- Strong background in CS or equivalent
- 2+ years experience working directly with PostgreSQL
- Desire to contribute to the open source is very welcome.