Sunnyvale, CA, United States of America
Posted on May 16 2015 (about 5 years ago)
MindSource is looking for a DevOps Engineer / Openstack System Administrator’s to be part of our client’s team in Sunnyvale, CA. Please let me know if you would like to be considered for following positions so that I can work towards getting you in for an interview. For immediate consideration please respond with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer | Location: Sunnyvale, CA | Duration: 6 – 12 Months | Rate: DOE
MindSource is seeking sharp, self-starter DevOps Engineer for an exciting role at our client in Sunnyvale, CA. Redefining Retail Commerce worldwide, our client delivers solutions that are the envy and inspiration for others in the industry. They have touched over 120 million customers last quarter and their solutions continue to maintain the highest customer satisfaction in the industry.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for facilitating the SDLC. Principal responsibilities will include creating tools, process automation, performance tuning, site reliability, system architecture, and capacity planning. This position will help develop and implement large-scale mission-critical applications and solutions.
• Have a passion for automation and tool creation.
• Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell scripting.
• Understand network fundamentals including firewalls, load-balancers, etc.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools is essential (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
• Experience with build tools (Jenkins, ant, maven, gcc/make).
• Knowledge of various monitoring/performance logging platforms (Nagios, Splunk, Cacti, Zabbix, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
• Adept at prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.• Understand complex architectures and comfortable working with multiple teams.
• Ability to conduct performance analysis and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems.
• Highly proactive with keen focus on improving service uptime.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies.
• Experience in system architecture and capacity planning.
• Have a strong interest in distributed computing, e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra and Hadoop.
* 5+ years in a Systems Engineering/SRE/DevOps role.
* Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby), Perl/Python experience highly desired.
* Solid understanding of relational databases,
* Aptitude, enthusiasm, and thirst for knowledge/digesting new technologies.
1. Tools/Automation development (this is critical).
2. Implementing and maintaining scalable monitoring systems.
3. Facilitate the needs of dependent teams (engineering, QA, and operations) and work with external teams to achieve results under tight timelines.
4. Execute QA and production deployments for many different applications.
5. Document procedures and modifications to environments.
6. Support production and non-production application environments.
7. Participate in a 24x7 pager rotation.