QA, DevOps, Software Testing
knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and network security / knowledge of shell
scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash) /
SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, CFEngine / CI system (i.e. Jenkins) / RDBMs
(MySQL, PostgreSQL) / Linux (RHEL, Debian)
As a DevOps Engineer
you will be working with our DevOps
on monitoring, CI/CD and configuration automation. You will be deeply
involved with the design process, and build the next generation of
monitoring and systems infrastructure.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering groups to design, build, and maintain systems.
- Write scripts and recipes to monitor and automate processes.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications:
- The DevOps Engineer will have experience in operations of a large-scale Internet service
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and network security
- DevOps Engineer with practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working with configuration management tools like SaltStack, Puppet, Chef,
- Hands-on experience with one or more CI system (i.e. Jenkins)
- Background in setting up and optimizing monitoring and escalation using Zabbix or Nagios
- Understanding and ability to use a VCS (git, SVN, CVS) for everyday work
- Expert in various flavors of Linux including RHEL and Debian
- DevOps Engineer with knowledge of RDBMs (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills.
DevOps Engineer - Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon