Office or Remote - Fulltime
In the future there is a possibility relocate in the United States, Mountain View, CA
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working with our DevOps team on
monitoring, CI/CD and configuration automation. You will be deeply
involved with the design process, and build the next generation of
monitoring and systems infrastructure.
- Design, integrate, and deploy infrastructure for rapid application software deployment.
- Architect, deploy, administer, and automate accurate status and
performance monitoring and alerting systems for application platforms
- Write scripts and salt recipes to automate processes.
- Minimize detection, notification, response, and repair time for any production platform or software problems.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Implement, administer, evolve, and optimize product key performance indicator data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Ability to write and maintain code in at least one scripting language: python or perl.
- Practical knowledge of Bourne shell scripting.
- Experience working with configuration management tools like SaltStack (must have), Puppet, Chef, or CFEngine.
- Experience setting up and optimizing monitoring and escalation using Zabbix or Nagios.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic TCP/IP and HTTP protocols.
- Understanding and ability to use a version control system (VCS) such as git, SVN, or CVS for everyday work.
- Significant experience in configuring, deploying, administering, and troubleshooting Linux RHEL/CentOS and Debian environments.
- Experience in setup and operation of a large-scale Internet service environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Track record of practical problem solving, effective communication, and good documentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of architecture, security and performance of Unix/Linux systems
- Experience using JIRA or Stash
- Significant expertise in SaltStack
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins or BuildBot
- Working knowledge of RDBMs (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- High proficiency in perl and python
- Experience and/or formal training in Agile software development methodology
- Formal project management experience or training
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience