Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Director of Software Engineering we're looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced software engineering director to help us expand, scale and innovate our development and engineering department.
In this role, you will lead and guide a team of 15 software engineers. You will work closely with your peers to improve on the areas of functionality, quality, and performance. You'll provide strategic input and thought leadership whilst constantly evaluating, mentoring and coaching your department managers and overseeing recruitment incentives. In short, your mission will be to help us make Agoda the best online travel website bar none.
Within six months of starting, you will have coached the department to have a thorough understanding of engineering best-practices in software development, evaluate decisions and technologies, think critically and adhere to Scrum methodologies.
As part of the largest online travel company, you'll become a meaningful contributor to our growth and strategic direction and drive research and innovation.
You are the ideal candidate if your career has moved you somewhat away from coding because you've been spending more and more time managing a team—but technology still holds its fascination for you. You have opinions on relevant new technologies and probably still tinker with coding projects at home. If that sounds like you, then you will fit in very well here.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Lead, guide and mentor multiple software engineering teams using Scrum
- Ensure our systems are scalable and can handle millions of daily visitors
- Ensure our systems are fault-tolerant and self-healing
- Drive engineering best-practices (unit testing, continuous delivery, etc.)
- Encourage and drive meaningful innovation
Compensation and perks
- Server-side technologies (C#, Python, Play framework)
- NoSQL database technologies (Cassandra, Hadoop, Couchbase)
- Object-oriented languages (C#, Java, Scala)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Performance and load testing
- Experience working for a large-scale internet/e-commerce company
- At least 10 years' experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position (team lead, development manager or architect)
- Experience managing a team of at least 10 people
- Experience working in an Agile environment and an understanding of Scrum
- Ability to sell your vision for the team and ask smart questions to get the best out of everyone
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.