Job Title: eTrading Application Production engineer
Consultant role through Palo IT, working with a client’s infrastructure team (European Bank, based in Singapore)
This role is a position within the eTrading Application Production team . The team provides services to the FX and Rates businesses.
The team provides application support for all components running on eTrading environments (more than 1000 servers - Windows, Linux or Unix).
The team also manages connectivity to more than 20 electronic trading venues (ICAP/EBS, Reuters AutoQuote/FIX/RFA, Currenex, HotSpot, Eurex, NYSE Euronext Liffe, CME, Brokertec, EurexRepo, eSpeed, , EuroMTS, MarketAxess,....).
Supported systems are mainly installed in London, New York, Tokyo and Singapore and most of them live 24/5.
Systems are complex so as part of support activities the range of technical skills involved is wide.
All team members are expected to quickly develop, or already have, a good understanding of Fixed Income eTrading systems. Each engineer in the team has applications (mainly proprietary software) and technologies allocated to them and they are expected to be, or quickly become experts in these areas.
Out of hours work is regularly required, particularly at weekends. On-call support is also provided by the team.
- Day-to-day management of production : monitoring, capacity management, problem resolution activities, change management.
- Responsible for efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients and internal users including liaising with end users, team members, management, vendors, other internal IT teams...
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of technical support systems.
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services.
- Work closely with development teams, business analysts, architects, all infrastructure teams to design and setup new systems, improve existing platforms (resilience, high availability, performance, low-latency...).
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs.
- Plan, schedule, implement and document the change activities.
- Strong all-around IT background and proven experience in electronic trading markets on similar environments.
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat) and Windows operating systems to be able to tune operating systems platforms for optimum performance.
Essential skills :
- Scripting (Python, PERL, Shell, SQL....) and development skills for administration, monitoring and support tools.
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding.
- Good understanding of multicast messaging (ideally in a Tibco Rendezvous environment).
- Proven project management skills to deliver medium scale projects.
- Ability to analyse network captures
Personal Attributes :
- Team player.
- Self motivated.
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Quickly learn new systems /products.