About Y Media Labs:
An interactive digital agency specializing in mobile solutions.
About the job:
If you are looking to work on mobile apps that span across different industries such as finance, automobile, healthcare, retail, consumer, enterprise and entertainment, then you have come to right place.
Required Job Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in software programming.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Java application development.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Android development.
- At least 1 published application on the Android market available for immediate download and review by our team. Please provide names of all your apps that you’ve worked with a brief description of your contribution (if not individually developed).
Required Technical Qualifications
- Experience in building and publishing commercial applications to the Android Marketplace.
- Understand the use of Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms and well known application frameworks.
- Experience with source code management techniques using Git and/or SVN.
- Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for Android.
- Grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming.
- Experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance.
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions, and deadlocks.
- Excited about working in a high profile, fast-paced software organization.
- Proven track record for managing multiple projects at once.
Functional Job Description
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of projects assigned.
- Timely and economic utilization of resources assigned to the project.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner within project resources.
- Meet project objectives providing systems that operate in a cost-effective manner.
- Escalate and refer all projects beyond scope of authority; consults with and advises development areas on applications in area of responsibility.
- Maintain appropriate expertise to ensure effective service level.
- Respond to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Communicate with divisional user personnel and data processing management on problem and project status as appropriate.
- Secure approvals on specifications and project completion as appropriate.