Talan USA is actively recruiting for a Technical Support Analyst who will work in the Equity Derivatives department of our client supporting the trading applications developed internally for Equity Derivatives trading: Equity Derivatives - Volatility and Exotics Desk. This role requires a high level of technical skills in UNIX / Windows as well as SQL, Python, and Perl.
Specifically, the desk trades on listed options, OTC options, variance and volatility swaps, structured notes and exotic option structures. This team has about 250 members globally with 14 team members in North America, split between New York and Montréal.
Communication (oral and written) is key as the team is directly facing the front office. Basic knowledge of financial products (Stocks, Options, Futures) is required. Tasks performed by the team range from creating user credentials to be able to use trading systems, to testing advanced new functionalities on the trading applications. The role includes a decent amount of coordination between development, support and trading.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for supporting application used by traders, sales and middle office on the trading floor.
- Responsibility includes software releases, configuration, monitoring and support of all production system components and infrastructure. Ensure production changes follow change management best practices
- Define and manage SLA for all applications, provide quick and accurate impact analysis, effective root cause analysis, timely resolution, clear communication on issues and management of strong client relationship through trust.
- Responsible for identification of gaps in monitoring and addressing them with the aim to transform the team from being reactive to proactive in its response to issues.
- Responsible for identification and automation of manual operational tasks with the aim to not performing any task manually ever again.
- Responsible for communication of upcoming releases, project deliveries, market events, production status, system/industry-wide outages, infrastructure/disaster maintenance and business continuity tests.
- Responsible for creating, maintenance and execution of support documentation, new user on-boarding, user training, run book, issues tracking, disaster recovery and infrastructure testing.
- Partner with global development and application support teams in New York, Montreal, Paris, Bucharest, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
- Implement optimal follow-the-sun model locally with seamless handovers to/from other regions.
- Position being on the main trading floor, extensive interaction is expected with traders, sales, developers and quants.
- Coach, mentor and groom junior or less experienced team members on best practices and procedures.
- Lead the team by example.
Technical Skill Set:
- Strong background in scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Comfortable working on UNIX / Linux (Sysadmin, Shell Scripting, etc.) and Windows environments.
- Experience working with relational databases, excellent SQL skills.
- Deep understanding of the Agile and Continuous delivery.
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 5 years’ experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Previous experience in a Front Office environment.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related IT concentration.
- Programming background in a structured, object-oriented language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of FIX and other order/rfq/trading protocols.
- Understanding MQ Series or TIBCO middleware technologies.
- Experience with vendor OMS/EMS such as Fidessa, LiquidPoint or DASH is a plus.
- Financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience working in global investment banking technology is highly desired.
- Experience working in equity or equity derivatives technology is ideal.
- Strong understanding of complex regulatory environment surrounding sell side equity derivatives technology is ideal.
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with business and colleagues.
- Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for details; a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the team.
- Ability to lead initiatives independently and in team setting to deliver solutions for management or business.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience to propose creative, value driven viable solutions.
- Comfortable working in high-pressure, time-sensitive, fast paced, sometimes ambiguous and matrix team environments.
- Multi-task and use judgment to prioritize influence more and escalate when necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate at all levels, from analysts to head of desk.
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary,
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching,
- 3 to 5 weeks paid vacation per year according to seniority (cashed out if unused),
- 5 sick and 2 personal days,
- Eight paid holidays,
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans,
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks.