Xeneta is the leading ocean freight rate benchmarking and market intelligence platform with the world's largest database of ocean freight rates reporting in real time and on demand. Our main office is in Oslo, Norway with sales offices in Hamburg, Germany and establishing a presence on the U.S. east coast, currently New York.
Our company has been touted one of the hottest new companies in the Nordics, as well as one of the leading European companies transforming the shipping and global logistics supply chain industries by Forbes. In 2016, we were named Nordic Startup of the Year - Norway.
We are a little over 35 people looking to double our size in 2017. We, Xenetians, come from over 16 different countries and from all walks of life. We have collected the brightest, wittiest and the downright best humans in the whole wide world to innovate, modernize and rattle the global container shipping and logistics industry. It's no easy task, but we're game, and we've already made enormous strides.
We are always looking for top people who have what it takes to join our journey and impact the shipping industry. We know the meaning of work-life balance and flexibility, and the importance of continuous learning. We treat Xenetians like adults and in return expect everyone to act like it.Are you the Front-End Developer we're looking for?
We're looking for front-end developers to help us expand and improve the functionality we're offering to our customers. As part of our team, you’ll build the tools we develop to help clients from various backgrounds make better business decisions about sea freight. You will be working with a modern ES6 stack and libraries like React and D3, to organize and visualize various data and create a meaningful user experience.
Our company is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the industry, and this position is an excellent career opportunity for the right person.
You will be part of a 10-person development department split into small, agile teams. We'll always encourage you to pick the best tools for the job and educate your peers on their benefits. You'll have plenty of time for learning and experimentation—we want all our developers to be free to expand their skills.
If that sounds good to you, we'll be waiting for your application. Beyond listing your skills and professional experience, make sure you write us a few lines about what you're like as a person!What we'd like to see in the candidate:
Compensation and perks
- You have over 3 years of experience developing web applications.
- You have a good understanding of modern web technologies and data processing.
- The ability to deliver well-structured and tested code is essential.
- You're fluent in spoken and written English.
- Relevant higher education can help your application.
- You'll get a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a generous vacation plan and flexible working hours.
- We'll sponsor your visa if you need one.
- You'll be immersed in a great work environment with highly motivated people.
- You'll work with a modern development stack.
- Beer and cake! Really, what more do you need?