StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
Our team now consists of over 100 people from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.Are you the Front-End Developer we're looking for?
To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion, we're significantly expanding our development team. You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our designers and our Student- and University Value teams to realize the best implementations possible. To measure our effectiveness, we're currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process.
At StudyPortals, you'll find an informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where taking initiative is highly appreciated. If that sounds like your kind of challenge, send us your application today!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- You will play an important role in enhancing and safeguarding the usability of both our student-facing websites and our internal tools.
Compensation and perks
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree, ideally one combining aspects of computer science with interaction design.
- You can write valid, semantically correct HTML5 and CSS3.
- You believe in a mobile-first, responsive approach to web development.
- You can quickly visualize your ideas by using either Photoshop or Illustrator or pen-and-paper prototypes.
- You strive to stay informed of the rapidly changing online landscape.
- Technologies like Sass, Flexbox, Gulp and Handlebars have already piqued your interest and, if you’re not using them already, you can’t wait to start.
- Comfortable with collaboration, you're all about open communication and love reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work.
- You communicate smoothly in fluent English.
- Ambitious, energetic and entrepreneurial, you can work well independently but are also fun to work with in a team.
- You'll get a competitive salary including a bonus scheme.
- We offer employee referral bonuses and an annual personal development budget, because personal growth is key!
- We'll reimburse your work-related travel costs.
- We offer an attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- Our office is in the center of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station.
- You'll get other interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice.