We're looking for a rock star Front-End Developer to help lead diverse and challenging digital projects for some exciting clients. This is a leadership position with a necessary focus on design, excellence, innovation and passion. Our workflow is extremely collaborative while every project is different and tailored to the personality of the brand. We are tackling complex brand challenges with digital answers that differ from our last success — less 'rinse and repeat', more 'rethink and revolutionise'.
Our work environment is laid back but serious about results. We are a lean, growing agency so all of our work must exhibit a high level of conceptual thought and aesthetic value. Story is King. Attention to detail isn't optional. Work hard. Play hard. We always make sure we're laughing. We always make sure we're getting better.
This position is on-site in our office in Beijing. Can you dig it?
- Collaborate in a team setting on various internal and external web projects.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Proactively test for cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility and optimisation.
- Collaborate on and help translate client and user goals into intuitive site architectures.
- Give feedback and suggestions on the feasibility and scope of proposed user interface designs.
- Collaborate with Account Directors to outline project scope for clients during proposal process.
- Stay current on best practices and relevant/emerging code libraries, frameworks and software.
- Basic understanding of server-side principles and the relation to front-end development and delivery.
- Functional knowledge of AJAX techniques and using JSON. Extensive knowledge of performance testing and front-end optimisation principles and techniques.
- Understanding of current and legacy browser capabilities.
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Basic knowledge of design principles with the capability to maintain a central theme and style when adding or removing elements.
- Passion for writing clean, re-usable code.
- Ability to create and modify front-end code for various content management systems and eCommerce solutions such as Wordpress, Drupal, Shopify and Magento.
- Innate self-starter with ability to multi-task without need for frequent supervision.
- Team player, demonstrates the ability to receive and apply feedback and input for direction as well as provide constructive feedback to others.
- Familiarity with project planning software, such as Basecamp.
- Excellent ability to think on your feet. Demonstrates strong analytical problem-solving skills across a variety of contexts.
- Ability to communicate ideas for innovation to clients clearly and professionally. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Functional knowledge of search engine optimisation and marketing techniques, best practices and knowledge of conducting detailed keyword research.
- Functional knowledge of Git version control system. Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL with the capability to create and modify back-end code for various platforms.
You can't pick your family, but you can pick where you work. At PHNX, we strive to make it a no brainer. Our passion for the details, our relentless drive to innovate and our people-over-websites mentality makes this an irresistible place to collect a pay check.
- Flexible work hours.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Regular 'PHNX Days' where fun and food are required.
- Company-wide knowledge shares and paid learning.
- Creative environment complete with caffeine and snackage.
- Too much more to mention, just apply!