Founded in 2012 and based in Sydney, GlamCorner is the leading online destination for women in Australia to rent designer dresses. Whether it's something chic for a night out, an elegant gown for a formal, or a beautiful dress for a friend's wedding, GC provides all Australian women with unique fashion experiences for any occasion.
As a fast-growing startup in Australia’s $6bn/year fashion industry (backed by AirTree Ventures, a top VC-fund specialising in businesses that are disrupting traditional markets), our mission is to create a modern, simple and personal fashion experience driven by technology and design, inspired by women who are passionate about the way they look and smart with their money.
We aim to do this by offering a wide range of elegant dresses and stylish accessories for rent for a fraction of the retail price—through delightful experiences on web and mobile.Are you the Full-Stack Developer we're looking for?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Ruby developer to join a next-generation e-commerce startup in an exciting period of growth. We're looking for software engineers to join our rapidly growing team and help build our platform as the business grows. This role will suit someone who is passionate about using technology to solve real business needs and building custom applications from the ground up. You'll be getting hands-on building our expanding e-commerce website front-end and warehouse management system and associated logistics infrastructure back-end.
Hard-working and focused, you know what it means to be in the zone and how to get there. Shoot us your application to tell us about your experience and something that inspires you (don't forget links to work you're proud of), and we'll take it from there.
Here are the technologies we work with:
> Ruby (Sinatra)
> Atlassian: Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRAHow we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Build bespoke and user-friendly applications with the latest software development and coding technologies
- Work as part of a small team with a hands-on autonomous approach to development and design
- Develop highly scalable systems using a variety of tools and languages and multiple open-source technologies
- Define architectural improvements to enable meaningful growth in website traffic and order volumes management
Compensation and perks
- A degree in computer science or software engineering and at least +3 years of programming experience (Ruby in particular)
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort and have ground-up tech stack design and build experience
- A back-end focus with sound front-end experience (mobile app experience a big plus)
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ship target deliverables on-time and on-spec
- Ability to manage time and juggle competing priorities while working with the wider team to accomplish business objectives
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Your competitive compensation package will include equity in the business.
- We'll offer visa sponsorship for the right candidate.