At Flare, we are building the first integrated emergency response system for Africa. Our app connects patients and hospitals with ambulances in areas where there is no available 911. It is a digital response platform, including both infrastructure and consumer-facing products like mobile and browser-based apps.
Flare is based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are scaling up our presence in Nairobi and to other major cities in Kenya. Next up, we’ll be moving into several other major cities across Africa like Johannesburg, Lagos, and Accra.Are you the Full-Stack Developer we're looking for?
We're looking for a full-stack developer with expert proficiency and interest in back-end infrastructure, systems architecture, and data management. You must be able to write well-crafted, well-annotated code quickly and maintain a solid well-tested product through frequent releases.
We are a small team of two founders with a distributed remote development team, and we're starting to build a fun, solid, and passionate internal development team to take our product to the next level. You would help lead the development and design of the team throughout this process. That means you should have great collaboration and management experience and enjoy a small, agile, and growing team environment.
Because the role is based in Nairobi, Kenya—likely a new place for you—and because we’re a small team, we're looking to start off with a 3-month trial contract to see if you're the right fit.
What do you say? Want to make a huge impact by revolutionizing emergency healthcare? Like the idea of helping define the tech direction and tech culture of an exciting new startup?
Working directly with both co-founders on a daily basis, you'll play a vital role in crafting the strategic direction of Flare and informing where and how we expand after Nairobi.
Sound good? We'll be waiting for your application!What we'd like to see in the candidate:
Compensation and perks
- You have experience creating beautiful consumer-facing and enterprise products.
- You have experience collaborating with large dev teams and managing developers.
- You know your way around Google maps.
- You have experience hosting and managing developing software in the cloud, especially Amazon AWS.
- You have experience with MongoDB.
- Interest or experience in data privacy and security is a plus.
- You'll get a competitive salary based on you experience + potential equity.
- We’ll fly you out, give you a place to stay, show you a great time and take care of you while you’re here.
- Nairobi is amazingly fun, whether you're looking for nightlife, access to safaris, beach trips, excursions all over Kenya, or all of the above.
- Enjoy our morning boxing workouts, daily delicious team lunches and Kenyan coffee (it’s good!).