Timely is an investor-backed startup in Malta offering local businesses a route to e-commerce with no need for investment or change in daily operations. Timely offers its clients web and app setup and maintenance, market research and strategy, and access to its flexible workforce of part-time couriers in exchange for a commission on online sales delivered. Timely is also developing its own brand, Spoilt, which will be launched in mid-2017.Are you the Full-Stack Developer we're looking for?
We are engaged in e-commerce and local fast delivery, and some of our offerings will be the first of their kind in the area. In a nutshell, we intend to make a splash when we launch.
This is a job for an enthusiastic and passionate developer with a knack for leadership. To thrive in this role, you should be an all-rounder with front-end, back-end, and mobile app experience and know what it takes to create products that make a difference whilst priding yourself in excellence.
We're looking for someone with startup spirit, for whom a job is more than just a job. With us, you'll be an integral part of the team, and your suggestions on how we can run better systems will always be welcome.
Through your involvement in decision-making, you'll have a direct influence on the company’s future. Among other exciting projects, you'll be using your skill and experience to enhance and improve our current systems and work on our website, shaping the way the world sees us. In a nutshell, you'll quite simply be involved in some cool projects with a seriously cool team.
You can choose whether you want to work from home or come to the office, but we'll need you to be available in Malta to meet up a few times a week. If that sounds good to you, send in your application! While knowledge and experience are very important to us, we really value the willingness and ability to learn fast, as well as raw talent—so make sure your application showcases your drive and passion! We'd like you to join us as soon as possible, so also tell us when you'd be ready to start!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Develop websites for our clients
- Develop websites and mobile apps for services we'll be offering
- Maintain and improve the back-end databases we have so far
- Maintain and improve our delivery mobile application
- Test and maintain websites and databases
- Solve problems, come up with solutions, and experiment
Compensation and perks
- You have a bachelor’s degree in IT or another related field.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have a strong command of PHP and MySQL.
- You've built and developed web applications before.
- You work well independently.
- It won't take you long to adapt to existing code.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented, you're always willing to learn new technologies.
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Let's discuss your salary and benefits!
- You'll be able to choose your own working hours. You'll also be able to earn bonuses for working extra hours.
- We'll help you with relocation.
- You'll be free to work with software and solutions of your choice to reach your goals (but what has been developed so far has been in PHP and MySQL).