At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers, and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
Cloud Academy delivers software and e-learning content to enterprises and individuals in 100+ countries worldwide. We are now on a journey to scale our product and content teams in both our offices worldwide, San Francisco and Mendrisio (Switzerland).
We have created Cloud Academy to let engineers, managers, and companies worldwide use training and software to migrate to cloud technologies and learn how to build the software of the future. Our product evolved to a set of technologies and data-oriented products that manage the need to visualize big data in a meaningful way for several stakeholders: end-users, managers and enterprise executives. All of this is combined with a set of high-quality training available 100% online.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Are you the Full-Stack Developer we're looking for?
We move seamlessly from full-stack web development to mobile, to deployment/scaling. In this position, you will take ownership of how features are implemented from user experience to backend, involving our web app, mobile app, APIs and backend infrastructure.
You’ll have an opportunity to have a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning. You will work in our Switzerland office with our international engineering and design team and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed. You can also expect to travel at least once a year to our US headquarters in California for a short period of time (usually up to 2-3 weeks).
To really thrive in this role, you should be able and eager to find creative solutions to interesting problems. Are you curious, with a constant desire to learn and collaborate? Then you're the one we've been looking for.
This role is open whenever you're ready. When you send us your application, let us know what your earliest possible starting date is—we don't have to wait until May to start working together!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing, and code reviews
- Communicate with the rest of the company to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers, and product managers to quickly deliver new features
- Work side by side with DevOps (Every piece of software should provide useful error messages and logging capabilities. DevOps will see the messages before you will, so make them count!)
Compensation and perks
- At least 3 years of experience in web development or software engineering
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies: Python, Django, Flask, Celery and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Advanced knowledge and experience on modern web patterns: AJAX, RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket, client-side rendering, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources, and an understanding of data redundancy and availability is necessary
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently, with a sense of urgency and integrity
- Strong bonus: passion for (and experience in) e-learning projects
- You'll get competitive compensation, stock options, and a yearly bonus based on your achievements.
- We'll assist you with relocation and offer a public transportation subsidy.
- We've created a very exciting work environment; unlimited snacks and drinks go without saying.
- You'll have a yearly budget for conferences/courses for your personal development, and we'll hook you up with a nice personal workstation.
- You will get to travel regularly to our US offices in San Francisco.