You will join the engineering team (9 brilliant people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
- design and implement new product features on web, mobile web and native apps
- work closely with other members of the team to ensure quality and sustainability of our code
- care about performance and errors to make sure we provide the best experience to our users
- improve our internal Bootstrap and add more components
- hack together quick prototypes in a single afternoon to get feedback
We are looking for someone who loves being in charge of a project end-to-end: understanding customer needs, designing and implementing a great solution, shipping it to the real world and see the results. Someone that knows how to single-handedly build a feature from the ground up (frontend and backend) and takes enormous pride in being able to deliver great features to users.
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby on Rails 4.2 with Ruby 2.2
- MySQL, Redis and Memcached to store things
- Lots of Rspec, Capybara/PhantomJS and Jasmine tests plugged into a CI to ship quickly
- Backbone with some React for the front
- Heroku and RDS to deploy everything
- Git (w/ git flow) for source control
- An agile mindset allowing us to push to production multiple times a day
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Extensive experience with a MVC web framework like Rails
- Proficient in at least one backend language (like Ruby)
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Great communication skills, works well within a team
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!
Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge (https://github.com/drivy/jobs/tree/master/backend
) a try.