As an Engineer at Agoda you’ll get to own what you’re working on, end to end. So if you have a bright idea, we’ll act on it. Chances are you’ll be the person charged with making it happen – good for us, great for you.Job description
In essence you’ll be responsible for the complete scope, design, build and testing of products and features for one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce websites. As a part of the Agoda .net Engineering team, you will be exposed to numerous innovative technologies in the fields of data-processing, big data, efficient data storage structures, recommender systems / machine learning, natural language processing, and many more. Whichever technology we work with, it must operate at the performance needs of a hyper-scale infrastructure operating at thousands of requests per second.
If you have an Architect-level appreciation of system design and love to code come join us!
You’ll be involved in the technical stuff, coding, hands-on but also working with design patterns, complex solutions design, implementation, devops, deployment, testing and much more. We’re highly scalable and performance driven in our approach and our website is a best in class ecommerce solution that is highly user-centric and customer driven.
This covers search, SEO, orders, payment, check out, basket, booking form as you create readable, repeatable code and manage your codebase with pride to develop our .net ecommerce platform and ecommerce offering to build something amazing! What’s more aws cloud-based datacenter experience is awesome, including any distributed systems, data structures, restful services, nosql and more.Requirements
- Strong commercial experience with design principles and design patterns
- Your technical expertise covers one of the following:
- master in Java, C#, Scala, F# with some frontend coding expertise OR
- you’re a wizard on the MEAN stack OR
- You’ve got amazing expertise on front end technologies like React.js and other modern frameworks, with strong OOP skills in PHP etc and willing to pick up the Microsoft stack
- You have a deep level of Engineering experience through the stack and have touched on many elements that translate well to full e-commerce software architecture
- You take full ownership of whatever you’re building, and see it through to completion
- You’re confident in your ability…
- And passionate about your work (but not afraid to let others in to help too)
- Your expertise spans the full SDLC thru’ concept, design, build, test (automation if poss) and deployment
- Your natural Engineering-mindset considers problem, solution and alternative in equal measure
- The end user is at the heart of what you do, as is the commercial value to Agoda
- You have a progressive outlook – TDD, BDD, Agile are second nature to you
- You love working in a Change environment with fewer formal processes
- Able and willing to test your own work and create automated tests along the way
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic language skills
- Primary language requirements:- English. This is the business language spoken in the office.