Agoda - Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce hotel booking platform and the biggest pure tech company in Thailand has a need for every last ounce of your engineering talent. Their ambition to grow and be the best is immense – matched only by, well, yours.Job description
We’re looking for Engineers not just programmers. You’re not tied down to a specific programming language, moreso you adapt as the solution demands and can pick up new tech in no time.
In essence you’ll be responsible for the complete scope, design, build, and testing of products and features for one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce websites. As a part of the Agoda.net engineering team, you will be exposed to numerous innovative technologies in the fields of data-processing, big data, efficient data storage structures, recommender systems/machine learning, natural language processing, and many more.
Whichever technology we work with, it must operate at the performance needs of a hyper-scale infrastructure operating at thousands of requests per second.
You’ll be involved in the technical stuff, coding, hands-on but also working with design patterns, complex solutions design, implementation, dev ops, deployment, testing and much more.
We’re highly scalable and performance driven in our approach and our website is a best-in-class e-commerce solution that is highly user-centric and customer driven. If you have an architect-level appreciation of system design and love to code - come join us!Requirements
- Strong commercial experience with design principles and design patterns.
- Technical expertise: either a master in Java, C#, Scala, F# with some front end coding expertise OR you’re a wizard on the MEAN stack.
- You may also have amazing expertise on front end technologies like React.JS and other modern frameworks, with some strong OOP skills etc and willing to pick up the Microsoft stack.
- You have a deep level of engineering experience through the stack and have touched on many elements that translate well to full e-commerce software architecture.
- You take full ownership of whatever you’re building, and see it through to completion.
- You’re confident in your abilities and passionate about your work (but not afraid to let others in to help, too).
- Your expertise spans the full SDLC through concept, design, build, test (automation if possible) and deployment.
- Your natural engineering-mindset considers problem, solution and alternative in equal measure.
- The end user is at the heart of what you do, as is the commercial value to Agoda.
- You have a progressive outlook – TDD, BDD, Agile are second nature to you.
- You love working in a change environment with fewer formal processes.
- Able and willing to test your own work and create automated tests along the way.
- Business-level English language skills both written and spoken.