Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Full Stack Web Developer - 'Performance Engineer' we're looking for?
We want innovative ideas about how browsers can render content in milliseconds, that we can process TB’s of data in minutes, or how to architect the server side to support tens of thousands of requests a second.
Part developer, part researcher, part evangelist. You’re the kind of person with the need for speed and appreciate that a faster website means a better customer experience! You’ll create lightning quick websites and know how to maintain optimum performance as we give our site some serious scale. Your life is measured in milliseconds not seconds, and delivering an uninterrupted customer experience is your mantra.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Your job as a Web Performance Engineer role involves developing and experimenting the most optimal way to deliver web pages and content to the customer as fast as possible on any device or browser.
- You will be a technical leader able to rapidly prototype, measure and deliver best practice for high performance website development.
- You’ll be exposed to the business side, and be able to measure the true value of your work. As a technology evangelist you'll have to identify areas for optimization, then research & prototype solutions to develop best practices to propagate across the website development teams.
- You’ll be required to analyze and tune bottlenecks in code, content delivery and on the full array of browsers and client.
Compensation and perks
- Front end Web Development experience – HTML / CSS / JS etc
- Performance metrics, RUM data, site speed monitoring and performance A/B testing will also preferably be in your armory.
- Deep understanding of web protocols and networking.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP http/http2 protocols.
- Server Side coding expertise (but it doesn’t matter which – C# .Net/Java/PHP/Python /GO etc).
- Understand browser behavior and events and how browsers interpret HTML, CSS, DOM, etc. to produce pages on any device as fast as possible.
- Database - Cassandra or similar experience is a plus – Hadoop/MySQL/SQL Server, etc.
- Experienced in optimizing performance of large scale websites.
- Explain the full flow of Navigation Timing, Page Load Timing, Resource Timing and how each step can impact the customer and how to measure and monitor this information.
- Web application design, architecture and optimization.
- Database tuning and stored procedure optimization.
- Experience designing high traffic websites.
- Knowledge of broadband, 3G and 4G Networks as well as how traffic passes through internet exchanges is a considered a plus.
- Business-level English language skills both written and spoken.
- Please note this role is open to both Thai and International candidates.
- Provident fund.
- Full relocation package for you and your family (including, flights, 20 ft container, pet relocations and 1 month free accommodation).
- Private Medical cover.
- Hotel discount scheme.
- Casual dress.
- Quarterly drinks, annual parties and monthly social activities.
- Offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.