HotelTonight is a mobile hotel booking application that allows users to find and reserve same-day hotel rooms from their smartphones.
About the job:
At HotelTonight, our engineers take enormous pride in creating the world's first mobile-only travel company. Everything we do is centered around making HotelTonight simple and enjoyable for both hotels and customers. We’re seeking teammates who want to set the standard, not just keep up with other companies. We strongly value craftsmanship, have some perfectionist tendencies and strive to stay ahead of the constantly changing mobile landscape to ship useful and delightful products!
What you’ll do…
- Help revolutionize the HotelTonight marketplace by providing never-before-seen capabilities to hotels so they can provide the best guest experiences possible
- Solve big problems including improving hotel recommendations, making data actionable for hotels and customers, scaling the system as we continue to grow
- Develop, modify, and maintain our e-commerce platform, focusing on reliability, speed, and user experience
- Build tools and dashboards for internal use in making product decisions that improve customer experience and maximize client satisfaction
- Constantly improve our current codebase to make it better and faster, leveraging the best tools out there
What we’re looking for…
- Experience building web apps in a Ruby on Rails environment. 1-5yrs experience, we’re open!
- Solid skills with HTML and CSS to build beautiful and functional experiences that delight our users
- Success thriving in a fast-paced startup with a proven business model and monetization strategy
- Desire to influence the products being built
- Ability to make quick decisions and communicate effectively under pressure and in other tough situations
- A unique perspective and inquisitive personality
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a technology concentration
What you’ll get from us…
- True startup experience - no bureaucracy and the opportunity to have a real impact on the business
- A chance to become an expert in mobile travel while it’s a nascent, growing industry
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the most-loved accommodation booking app
- Great SF office location at Market and 5th Street
- Generous compensation, pre-IPO stock options, and unlimited vacation. Excellent health, FSA/HSA, and 401k plans, too.
- Sweet perks — Quarterly travel stipend, catered meals daily, unlimited coffee and snacks, subsidized gym membership at Equinox Sports Club, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!