Our client is a Berlin Startup with an international team of technology enthusiasts, dedicated to bring the right apps to the right people.
The company operates a portfolio of Software and App portals across Europe and North America in ten languages and combine great editorial content with informative and well-founded app recommendations.
Full Stack Engineer Software Architecture is about balance:
The balance between perfect and functional, between technological needs and business requirements, between efforts and returns. We are searching for a very experience Full Stack Engineer to join the newly established Architecture Team to keep that balance in our high traffic environment. We understand a Full Stack Engineer as somebody who is an extremely experienced software engineer combined with several years of professional experience in system administration. We’re looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable designing high level applications as digging into the details of our infrastructure. Does that sound like you?
- You will work in an high traffic environment (> 3 million requests / hour)
- You dedicate yourself to building scalable architecture as well as hands-on coding
- Create redundancy in our systems with clustering, sharding or replication strategies and being responsible for its availability
- You will develop RESTful backend services and build stable and elegant web applications
- You will be a part of a very agile, short cycle development with continuous integration, in a dynamic start-up environment, where it is always interesting.
- You will elaborate technical concepts and integrate your own ideas and visions into the product
- You would work in an international team and feel comfortable working in English
- You know about TDD, BDD & S.O.L.I.D design principles and have at least 5+ years professional experience in designing, building and running large-scale applications based also on Nginx, PHP, Redis and MongoDB as well as enthusiasm for microservice architectures and distributed systems
- You know how to plan, build and maintain fault-tolerant infrastructure in an high traffic environment. This implies a good understanding of UNIX / Linux platforms like Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS as also general knowledge about network technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Firewall, Routing)
- You are familiar using Docker Swarm in production and be able to spin up a secure, reliable and fault-tolerant environment
- You have relevant work experience using one major cloud provider like AWS, GC or Azure
- You have created automation tasks with Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Fluent German or English
Nice to have
- C/C++, Go(lang), NodeJS
- AWS Experiences
- German communication skills
- Competitive salary (above industry standards) and a relocation package when required
- Fast-learning environment – whether you are self-taught or have completed your PhD, it does not matter to us, as long as you are driven by curiosity and want to get things done
- Opportunity to work with the state of the art technologies and learning from talented peers by sharing your expertise through our DevFriday events
- Excellent career development opportunities – we want to strengthen your strengths and grow with us (and we mean it)
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and easy-going personal interaction
- Multitude of ways to relax during work, may it be playing ping pong or console gaming, we make sure you're not just stuck to your machines
- Friday breakfast, unlimited supply of fruits and beverages, whether it be coffees, mate or a drink of your choice ;)
- Young, dynamic and international team
- Nice designer office in Prenzlauer Berg