ZenPayroll is on a mission to provide delightful, modern payroll to businesses everywhere. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for talented engineers across the board to join our growing team.
We're looking for our first dedicated growth engineer.
All of the incredible engineers on our team:
- Care deeply about helping millions of small business owners build great teams.
- Derive happiness not only from solving problems for our customers, but preventing problems from happening in the first place.
- Have an attitude of humility and service. We proactively find ways to use our skills to not only serve our end-users, but also our colleagues in other departments.
- Focus on quality, because our software is complex and people's livelihood depends on it.
- Play an active role in shaping our engineering and company culture.
As our first growth engineer, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing and design team to improve conversion for our users.
- Write code that will be responsible for discontinuous jumps in our growth rate and meaningful business impact.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
Our ideal growth engineering is someone who:
- Is passionate about measuring and improving conversion in our on boarding experience to provide a more delightful first-time experience for our new customers.
- Enjoy working with technologies such as Coffeescript, Backbone.js, React.js, Ruby, and Rails, and MySQL.
- Can turn wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code.
- Can think outside of the box and get creative with ways to not just tweak growth, but improve it by an order of magnitude.
- Love working in a cross-functional team of PM, marketers, and designers.
- Embrace a test-driven development and code review culture.
- Design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.