Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Hadoop Platform Engineer we're looking for?
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across our next-gen data platform.
We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage, and analytics. We are not just using big data technologies–we're pushing them to the limit.
In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why we put data systems among our top priorities. While we're proud of what we built so far, there's still a long way to go to fulfill our vision of data.
To that end, we're looking for people like you—someone as excited about data technology as we are—to join the fight. You can be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of our core data platform products.
The primary function of the Hadoop Platform is to run multiple Hadoop clusters across multiple data centers, serving teams across all of Agoda, serving large numbers of concurrent jobs at any one-time processing Petabytes of data for any and all purposes ranging from Machine Learning, BI, Cubes on Hadoop, Advertising, etc.
To thrive in this role, you should adopt an approach of infrastructure as code, automating everything from deployment to monitoring and remediation, with a huge focus on monitoring. This will provide you the ability to quickly identify and fix issues whether it be infra, data or job-related.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- You will manage, administer, troubleshoot and grow multiple Hadoop clusters.
- You will build automated tools to solve operational issues.
- You will run effective POC’s on new platform products that can grow the list of services we offer.
Compensation and perks
- Ideally, you hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or another related field.
- You're skilled with Bash and at least one other scripting language (Python, Perl).
- You have a deep understanding of data architecture principles.
- You're experienced in solving problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
- You're experienced with configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef, Saltstack...) and version control (Git, SVN).
- You have experience with Linux HA, clustering and load balancing solutions.
- You're a good multitasker.
- You're a good communicator proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience installing, administering and managing Hadoop clusters (Hadoop2 with YARN);
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop (CDH);
- Experience with Hadoop query engine (Hive, SparkSQL, Impala);
- Experience with modern languages preferably using JVM-based languages (Java, Scala);
- Solid experience in JVM tuning;
- Experience working with open source products;
- Working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.