As we continue to expand our business globally (±100% YOY growth run rate), we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travel, data, and product. We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Product to join us in becoming a global travel global leader.
In essence, our product mission is to get every traveler the best deal worldwide. With the increase of price dynamics in the accommodation market and our abilities to store practically all intent, price, availability and behavioral data, we can see a great longer-term added value in matching the best deal to every traveler. We believe that on top of this User Experience, Customer Management and AI will play a fundamental role in reshaping our product.
Are you passionate about travel, data, and product? Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a stellar product leader with experience in building sizeable product teams, preferably in a fast growing data-driven e-commerce platform or online marketplace.
Part of the core responsibility of this role is to oversee the daily operations of our product and design teams. Along with this, you will work to define product development methodologies, as well as help to measure key success metrics for the product development and design teams. You will lead a team of product managers and designers and rapidly grow the team in the coming years. You will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer and our Chief Executive Officer.
As a leader at Findhotel, you share our passion for developing amazing products and building a global category leader. You take pleasure in challenging your team, fostering a culture of accountability and developing them into stronger colleagues and product leaders.
What you'll be doing
- Set and drive our product vision, innovation and strategies towards our mission of getting every traveler the best accommodation deal worldwide.
- Build and drive squads of world-class Product Managers, UX designers, and Engineers to engage customers, set strategy, define roadmaps for a product portfolio, work with research and engineering to deliver and then guide the execution to realize the business impact.
- Foster innovation and high standards among your team. Support them with positive incentives, develop them to their highest potential, and learn from them to improve your own skill set.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers including technology teams and business development partners to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order. In order to ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned, the CPO will need to drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Help the organization reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, etc.).
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organizational objectives.
- Ensure strong team dynamics, team + individual team member performance and growth.
- Relentlessly recruit and develop the best product, engineering and design talent in the industry.
- Be in the details. Know your team’s work in depth; get your hands dirty a lot.
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased towards action.
- Drive the team to set and achieve qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with their Program teams.