We are looking for a passionate design leader to build our design team and lead the innovation and optimization of FindHotel's user experience across mobile and desktop. You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset with experience in UX, product management and e-commerce. As FindHotel's Head of User Experience, your leadership will influence how our value proposition evolves, you will help define our design strategy and language, while growing and mentoring our design team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing startup in a key role. Evolving our product to an industry leader position is a major driver of the company growth strategy and you will greatly influence that.
What you tell your friends you do
"Using a combination of art & science, I lead an extraordinary design team to build the best hotel marketplace experience in the world".
What you will really be doing
- Lead the definition of our design principles and process, so that they can be applied consistently throughout the product development process.
- Establish a deep understanding of how our customers think, process information, and take action through qualitative and quantitative methods. You will use that understanding to be a passionate advocate for the user experience, defending long-term user needs in the product design.
- Shape the customer experience and define the product through partnership with our engineering team, product team and founder.
- Grow and mentor a team of elite designers and researchers through a collaborative environment that empowers them to design best-in-class user experiences.
- Evolve our design direction to take advantage of our unique position in the marketplace and identify new opportunities to deliver additional value to our customers.
- Partner with our analysts to understand the quantitative side of the product and combine it with the qualitative to gain a 360 degree view into the customer.
How will you be doing this
- You are a visionary design leader that is a passionate advocate for the customer.
- You are creative, value simplicity and support your design decisions with data.
- You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Why join now
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 6 experienced product developers which will double during 2017, and are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year, lead by product improvements.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to over 30 team members in 2016, and are heading to double our product and engineering teams in 2017.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.