Findhotel is developing a hotel booking marketplace, the most comprehensive hotel search in the world, and we are looking for a head of user experience to help build and lead our UX efforts.
What you tell your friends you do
" I lead an extraordinary design team behind the best hotel deal finder in the world".
What you will really be doing
- Lead the definition of our design principles and process, so that they can be applied consistently throughout the product development process.
- Establish a deep understanding of how our customers think, process information, and take action through qualitative and quantitative methods. You will use that understanding to be a passionate advocate for the user experience, defending long-term user needs in the product design.
- Shape the customer experience and define the product through partnership with our engineering team, product team and founder.
- Grow and mentor a team of elite designers and researchers through a collaborative environment that empowers them to design best-in-class user experiences.
- Evolve our design direction to take advantage of our unique position in the marketplace and identify new opportunities to deliver additional value to our customers.
- Partner with our analysts to understand the quantitative side of the product and combine it with the qualitative to gain a 360 degree view into the customer.
How will you be doing this
- You are a passionate advocate for the customer
- You have seen enough to know which process to follow and how much effort to invest in a problem
- You are creative, but know that good product design is problem driven, not flashy visuals
- You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Why join now
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 8 experienced product developers which will double during 2017, and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year, lead by product improvements.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 20 to over 40 team members in the past year, and are heading to 70 in the next 6 months.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.