With tens of millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of daily downloads, our apps already make us the only European company among the top 10 App Store developers globally. Our team of iOS engineers has been one of the driving forces behind our ascent so far: besides leveraging the most advanced native iOS technologies, we’ve also broken new ground by developing our own powerful libraries to make architecting and developing the highest-quality iOS apps as smooth and efficient as it gets. With bigger and bigger frontiers to conquer, we’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven iOS engineer eager to bring our apps to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Participate in and contribute to product development and product roadmap planning for apps with mind-blowing exposure on the App Store. We commend taking a proactive role on and ownership of the products you work on.
- Help define the software architecture of new apps or that of new features for existing apps, and then develop them. The work spans broadly from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that wow factor that will put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Expand our set of iOS libraries as needed to make yourself as well as other iOS engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay informed on new technologies (with a focus on iOS) and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What We Offer
- Huge impact. You’ll be working on apps used by millions of people all around the world. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference both to the users and to Bending Spoons.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to!) some of the brightest and most skilled people (including lots of iOS engineers) you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Own products. We don’t work for clients, but only develop our own apps. Freed from politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- Fun, young environment. We have near-zero hierarchy and a very relaxed workplace. Also, we’re 28 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- Top-notch office. Our office is amazing! We designed it ourselves and it goes beyond excellent functionality by offering all sorts of amenities, such as foosball tables and gaming consoles.
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global reality.
What We Look For
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing native iOS apps.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand stuff truly in depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- A knack for UX and attention to detail. You care to develop quality user experiences, and tend to notice the details that make a difference. You get a kick out of making a UI or an animation just perfect.
- Diligence, organization. You can blindly be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- Humbleness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.