Scribd is a technology company in San Francisco building the world's online library. Scribd has raised $48M, is profitable, and is one of the largest sites on the web, but it is still run by a comparatively small team and still in the very early stages of achieving our vision for what the library of the future could be. We recently launched a subscription service that is widely being called the first "Netflix for books" and we're very excited about it.
We are working on a broad set of hard technical problems from crafting a beautiful mobile reading experience to creating smart recommendation algorithms, and always looking for engineers of many backgrounds to help us. Find out more about what we do:Wired Article about our "Netflix for Books" launchRecent CNET article on our Kindle Fire launchScribd's Latest Round of FundingScribd Tech BlogScribd on GithubThe Role:
Scribd is now a top 5 app in the Books category of the App Store, and we've grown our installs by a factor of 10 over the last 6 months. We also have incredible user engagement: one of our users spent 42 hours using the Scribd iPhone app in one week!
Our goal is to invent the world's best reading experience for mobile devices. To do that, we need to make an amazing reader for all kinds of written content, get offline & syncing exactly right, and build a content discovery experience that always finds you something you actually want to read.
As an iOS Engineer at Scribd, you'll have the opportunity to learn from our small but excellent (if we do say so ourselves!) team and solve real challenges for an app that is more than just the hottest game - we truly believe that we're building a meaningful product, and that we can get people to read more by making reading easier and more beautiful on mobile devices.
While we still have work to do, you should have a look at our iOS app. We'd love to know what you think. Scribd on the App Store Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Strong software engineering fundamentals as evidenced by a CS degree or industry experience.
* At least one year of iOS development experience.
* Solid understanding of iOS frameworks and development.Bonus Points For:
* An impressive iOS project - in the app store, open source, or something you can share with us.
* Great design & product sense.
* Experience in areas besides iOS - Android, web development, etc.
* Experience building book, magazine, PDF or news reading applications.
* Experience with Core Data.What We Offer:
* Competitive base salary
* Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* Create your own workstation with any type of equipment
* Free catered meals from local restaurants, three times a day
* Frequent company activities ranging from weekly happy hours to group indoor skydiving
* Generous equity to give you true skin in the game
* Flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
* Imagine mixing go-karts and quadricopters with free food and company ski trips!Please Note:
* International candidates willing to relocate are welcome to apply! How To Apply:
* The Sourcery
will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.