About Y Media Labs:
An interactive digital agency specializing in mobile solutions.
About the job:
If you are looking to work on mobile apps that span across different industries such as finance, automobile, healthcare, retail, consumer, enterprise and entertainment, then you have come to right place.
Required Job Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in software programming.
- Minimum 1 year experience in iOS development.
- At least 1 published application on the Apple Store available for immediate download and review by our team. Please provide names of all your apps that you’ve worked with a brief description of your contribution (if not individually developed).
- Agency experience preferred.
Required Technical Qualifications
- Strong experience in building and publishing commercial iPhone and/or iPad applications.
- Extensive experience developing in Objective-C.
- Operating systems: Mac OS X, iOS.
- Programming tools: Xcode, Instruments, and GIT.
- Other nice to know tools include Photoshop and other image editors.
- Frameworks: CocoaTouch, UIKit, and Core Data (Core Graphics and Core Animation a plus).
- Ability to develop APIs is big plus.
- Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for the iPhone and/or iPad.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming.
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues as well as optimizing code for application performance.
- A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks.
- Excited about working in a high profile, fast-paced software organization.
- Proven track record for managing multiple projects at once.
Functional Job Description
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of projects assigned.
- Coordinate project performance with business and clients.
- Proper utilization of resources assigned to the project.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner within project parameters.
- Meet project objectives, providing systems that operate in a cost-effective manner.
- Escalate and refer all projects beyond scope of authority.
- Maintain appropriate expertise to ensure effective service level.
- Respond to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Communicate with divisional user personnel and data processing management on problem and project status as appropriate.
- Secure approvals on specifications and project completion as appropriate.