- Do you have previous hands-on experience in specifying / troubleshooting / resolving internal customer issues?
- Are you knowledgeable on; Active directory, Networking and user administration?
- Do you possess basic knowledge on vmware, Citrix and Linux?
A leading independent provider of specialist risk and insurance management service which provide innovative solutions on a global basis from offices in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Our client is looking for a sharp, motivated and flexible individual to be part of the IT support team. This position is located in Malta. The ideal candidate will provide IT support services to the internal customer base, ensuring that work is successfully prioritised and completed in accordance with the business expectations. This role involves working closely with the IT Operations team, being at the forefront of resolving all IT related issues either by phone, email or internal ticketing.
Main Duties include:
- Troubleshooting user issues using a variety of support tools including remote administration on workstations, laptops and virtual desktops
- Assist users with internal and mainstream applications including Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Carry out Windows Domain Active Directory and Google Apps for Work administration tasks
- Following defined processes in terms of incident logging and ticketing ensuring tasks are completed and resolved within agreed service levels.
- Tracking issues with vendors and providers to successful completion
- Managing system backups and data recovery operations
- Handle workstation, laptop and server operating system patching
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of the incident tracking process
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Technical Manager and the IT Operations team
- Assist with emergency support.
- Proven hands-on experience in specifying / troubleshooting / resolving internal customer issues
- Sound knowledge of :
- Windows Operating systems, including Active Directory and Group Policy maintenance
- Networking and TCP/IP
- User Administration
- Basic knowledge of :
- Linux server administration
- VMware vCentre management
- Citrix XenApp
- PABX and physical access control administration
- A good team player able to work on a two-shift basis covering 08:00 through 20:00
- Courteous and enjoying working with people
- Flexible in providing occasional on-call out of hours support subject to appropriate remuneration
- Has good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Able to work under pressure and shifting priorities
€2,700 shift allowance and on-call allowance
More Opportunities - People & Co Ltd Job Centre: https://people.com.mt/job-centre/search/ict