Do you have a diploma or equivalent in IT?
Are you a good team player?
A leading administrator of life, pension and investment products and services is seeking to recruit an IT Support Officer to join their growing IT team in providing IT support services to the internal customer base, ensuring that work is successfully prioritised and completed in accordance with the business expectations.
The role involves being the main point of contact to resolve IT related issues by phone, email or internal ticketing. Main duties include:
- Troubleshooting user issues using a variety of support tools including remote administration on workstations, laptops and virtual desktops
- Assisting users with internal and mainstream applications
- Handling Windows Domain Active Directory and Google Apps for Work administration tasks
- Following defined processes in terms of incident logging and ticketing ensuring tasks are completed and resolved within agreed service levels.
- Tracking issues with vendors and providers to successful completion
- Managing system backups and data recovery operations
- Handling workstation, laptop and server operating system patching
- Providing feedback for continuous improvement of the incident tracking process
- Providing regular status updates to the IT Technical Manager and the IT Operations team
- Assisting with emergency support.
- Diploma or equivalent in IT related subjects
- At least one year experience in identifying, troubleshooting and configuring user and customer IT issues
- Sound knowledge of Windows Operating systems, including Active Directory and Group Policy maintenance, Networking and TCP/IP and User Administration
- Basic knowledge of Linux server administration, VMware vCentre management, Citrix XenApp
- Courteous and enjoys working with people: a good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Able to work under pressure and shifting priorities
The ideal candidate will be able to work on a two-shift basis covering 08:00 through 20:00 and be flexible in providing occasional on-call out of hours support against extra payment.
Kindly apply at: https://people.com.mt/job-centre/it-support-officer-63704