Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work – not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment.Are you the Java Developer we're looking for?
Are you in the top league of Java developers? Do you want to be part of a market-leading robotics company where nothing is impossible?
As a software engineer specialized in Java, you will be part of a highly skilled team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the high-level software in our robots. The software you will be working on is responsible for all functionality that is not strictly related to low-level control. Thus, you will have the opportunity to work with complex domain logic, a domain-specific language for graphical robot programming, intuitive user interfaces, services provided to external systems, user-friendly integration with external hardware, support for third party plugins, 3D graphics, and much more.
Your colleagues are experts in many different areas such as mechanical design, kinematics, and embedded programming. You will be part of a Scrum team working cross-functionally with the other SW developers, UX experts, and test engineers.
We will empower yo to help make Universal Robots a success. We trust our employees to take responsibility and make educated decisions that benefit the organization. Join us on an exciting journey where UR is building the future!What we'd like to see in the candidate:
Compensation and perks
- We're looking for experienced candidates with at least 4 years of work experience.
- You should have a strong Java background, with C++ and Python experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of some of these technologies will be an additional plus: Guice, OSGi, Swing, Linux, Bash, RxJava.
- You write clean and maintainable code.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, and software architecture.
- You're familiar with UI frameworks.
- You focus on quality and have a solid understanding of dest-driven development.
- Experience with continuous integration and revision control systems is a plus.
- You're fluent in written and spoken English.
- We ask a lot from our employees and in exchange, we offer an exciting job in a dynamic and fast-growing company with the opportunity of working alongside skilled and talented colleagues.