Our partner Bottega52 SRL
is looking for a Junior Backend Engineer
to join its team in Milan
The ideal candidate is a graduate (Master of Science or equivalent degree) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or affine degrees), fluent in both Italian and English, with excellent communication skills, autonomous and responsible in her/his work.
She/he has a portfolio of previously completed works done in first person (uni projects counting as well); of each such work, she/he is capable to discuss the technical tradeoffs that were operated during their development.
- As part of her/his everyday job, she/he will be responsible for the development of rich and complex web applications, specifically on the backend side.
- She/he will regularly propose innovative approaches that challenge our technical status-quo, with the goal of improving the quality and the efficiency of Bottega52's development teams;
- being a team player is thus a mandatory quality.
- She/he should also be able to envision the "under-the-hood" quirks and complicacies of backend applications and distributed systems.
- As we periodically organize internal training sessions with leading IT companies and professionals, she/he should also be able to clearly focus on a professional development path and allow Bottega52 to help in the development of such path.
Nice to have:
- Master of Science or Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- Fluent in Italian (essential);
- Fluent in English (essential);
- Experience with Java 8+ and Spring (Boot, Security, Data);
- Experience with traditional RDBMS (MySQL and PostgreSQL, mainly);
- Proficient use of git, exposure to CI/CD pipelines and DevOps methodology;
- Knowledge of software design patterns (e.g., GoF);
- Exposure to either BDD or TDD;
- Exposure to resilient and scalable (micro)service-oriented architecture;
- Exposure to asynchronous models of communications, as well as reactive and distributed systems;
What we offer:
- Experience with Elasticsearch ecosystem, for advanced analytics and data visualization
- Experience with Kafka ecosystem, for streaming and real-time applications
- Knowledge about Docker and Kubernetes
- A taste for humor
- Rapid professional growth within a young, fast growing company
- Professional development path
- A lively working environment (come and see!)
- Full-time, permanent contract after a possible trial period
- Salary matching or exceeding market valuation
- Macbook Pro
- Smart Working
- Performance Bonus
- Table football & Table tennis
- Lunch Area
- Ticket Restaurant (€7)
Workplace: Milano. Availability required from the first week of September 2019.