The StudyPortals team is hard at work reshaping the worldwide study-choice market. To help make it happen, they're adding an ambitious junior search engine developer to their ranks. Ready to join them in Eindhoven?Job description
The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP. Virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS to get the maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered.
As a search engine developer on our team, you will play an important role in further developing our search algorithm using cloud services. The search platform consists of multiple distributed components such as search engine, search sub-functions (autocomplete, related words...), and search API for front-end.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX designers, and our Student- and University Value teams to realize the best implementations possible.
Interested? Send us your application and let's talk!Requirements
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- You know your way around a (My)SQL database.
- You are comfortable with mathematics and statistics.
- You have an interest in learning new algorithms and data structures.
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work.
- You are an excellent communicator fluent in written and spoken English.
- You're ambitious and energetic, with an entrepreneurial drive.
- You can work well independently but also on a team and are fun to work with.
- Design or development experience using search engine or large-scale distributed systems is a plus.